Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sprint to the finish....a concrete wall

Would people get over their rank issues already?! I am so sick of kids wanting to work on stuff way out of their rank requirements The greenies and purple people eaters have sucked the oranges into their quest for class domination. They have become so disrespectful that they will talk back and over anybody to make themselves feel important. But boy, do they want those next techniques for their rank! Suddenly, they need you again. Well...if I forgot a move because you're being a little bastard, I guess you'll have to study harder by yourself.

I am tired of teaching. It's time these new blackbelts and the brownies start cracking down on this disrespectful behavior. I told head sensei that the two twins were being jerks, and he nodded with a sense of normality. We had a discussion about the continued misbehaving and I suggested since pushups aren't working anymore that we give them a rag and make them wash the mirrors and walls. He thought it was funny and said it was a good idea. *Ka-ching, ka-ching* There's my two cents.


The other thing I can't stand is how people are being allowed to buy things that are not even in their rank requirements yet. It used to be you bought it when you needed it. Head sensei got a price break on stuff, and now everyone's got a sword, bo, hakama, etc. It irks me. I waited a year before buying my sword, and I waited 'til green belt to get my bo. Now, a whole slew of kids have bos now, much to the danger to everyone else. They fight over where to put up their weapon, which tells me they aren't ready for it. Then, they carry it horizontally. Can you say, loss of an eye? Even more irksome is the adults with money. Professional mom has a kaku obi and a nice iai top. The new girl in iai got to do the same thing. I got those when I hit shodan. So much for exclusiveness. Two kids that aren't even in iai or aiki bought hakamas. What the hell do they need it for? Just because it's there and they have the money doesn't mean they should buy it. Why not let them buy kamas and nunchaku while we're at it? Because it's stupid! Bork!

No comments: