Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bork! How the times change...

This weekend was my Doppleganger's junior shodan test. She passed, of course. It was one of the more decent tests I've seen this year. The little senseis passed theirs, too. So now, they have nothing to do until they are eighteen- five and six years from now *roll eyes*. I made them all hankos as gifts, which impressed Head Honcho sensei. Maybe I can start charging for them *cash register*.

Oh, the day before that, my doppleganger kicked me in the throat- accidentally, mind you, but with a fairly hard roundhouse. Judging by everyone else's reaction, it looked like I got shot. Head sensei looked me over in disbelief I was still standing. I told someone later that it was a lot like when Wiley Coyote realizes the boulder is about to fall on him and whips out an umbrella. Four days later, it still hurts.

So the test day was fairly fun. I talked with the adults, the teens embarrassed themselves, and I learned it takes 20 little lemmmings to move one five pound mat. Bork. I was happy to learn I wasn't the only one who has had thoughts of putting the tweens in a wood chipper.

Today, we have finally got our new rank in aiki- san-kyu, or stupid brown chevron patch thingy. I'll go with the former. We are through all the omote of ikkajo and most of the ura. Nikkajo is next. Verizon Guy also got his brown belt finally, and I am happy. Horray for adults! Down with Tweens!

No comments: