Saturday, June 30, 2007

I feel uke. Oh so uke.

I heard today that Verizon Guy might be leaving. He got a job offer in another state, and it makes me sad. He is my training buddy and partner in defense against the kiddies. He's also a brown belt. So he will probably be leaving very soon. Another greenie is leaving us as well- I never mentioned him other than the time he got his orange belt and couldn't remember to bow to the blackbelts and shake their hands. He was a green belt with stripe. Unfortunately, as depressing as it is, the class is in need of a shrink.

With Verizon Guy gone, that makes me top uke. This makes me tweak. The techniques in nikkajo are brutal and so much fun to be the uke on *roll eyes*. Today we worked shitouzume (spelling, anyone?) and something else with the uke's fist spins in the palm of your hand. Aiki is still as frustrating as ever.

Karate....ugh. Today was a good class- 6 people. And they were quiet! *heavens open up, sunlight shines down* I worked on tatekatte seishin for all of it, in which sword sensei politely pointed out that some of my angles were wrong. AHHH! I've had this kata for how many weeks?! This is what I get for working with tween brownies. The dojo too is so damn small, I don't know how people do any kata correctly. Unfortunately, Target is moving somewhere else which means we are going to stay. Rats.

Iai made me feel better though. The katori shinto ryu kata work is really paying off. I was surprised that I did so well on my cuts in iai goshi. I will have to fix my kiri oroshi cut though for ni-dan, which may come as soon as this fall. Hmm.

No comments: