Saturday, May 26, 2007

Postity post-post- a blurb of things to come


Well this week has been quite...interesting. We've been working on the idori and ushirodori techniques and I just about have them. Some still slip me at times, but I'm getting better. My senseis are enjoying beating the piss out of me. Every time I uke for izori, I feel like it's the calm before death. Oh...the bruises.

The kids were really horrid this week. One purple people eater gave the command "do 150 jumping jacks" during warmups, to which I replied rather loudly, "I'll do as I high as you can count in Japanese." Predictably, he farted out at about 30. Little brat. Then he says, "Do as many push-ups as you can." This kids can't do a push-up, let alone 50 which was where I knew he'd go up to. Barely bending your elbows is NOT a push-up. Grr... That's as much as I wanna rant about them for a while. It's bad chi for me, and I put their fate in the hands of intellectual Darwinism and karma. Sweet, sweet karmic kicks in the ass.

So today, a sensei that hasn't been around in a while showed up and we again had to review izori from the beginning. He didn't pick up too fast either. He seemed really confused on the why technqieus are different by way of kneeling or standing. Then karate came around. Thank God I missed yet another abysmal warmup session with Owl. This sensei took over and I groaned when I found out he was going over green belt techniques. Not so bad, until you consider green in a kid's book is adult equivalent to yellow or orange. Bah....so after going through those half-asleep and serving as the sensei's language dictionary, sword sensei steals me away for review of adult requirements *lightbulb goes on, symbolizing a novel idea*. Damn did I need that. Because of hip problems and mono, my kicks have gone to put. And I still can't jab worth a shit. Some things never change. But hey, at the end of class, Owl got his first stripe on his brown belt, and I got my stripe on my purple belt. Yay! A girl about college age joined iai today. We'll see how long she stays.

So now, that's where things stand. Coming up is going to be the summer from HELL! June 9th is my doppleganger's junior sho-dan test for karate. June 10th is the little senseis' iai shodan and junior ni-dan for karate *still rolling eyes*. After that, there's another in line to test for junior shodan- I call him Eraserhead. And this September my waiting period for iai expires and I may test for ni-dan. Bork to all of that. Just...bork. So seeing as how the ranks are rapidly changing, I thought I'd once again post everyone's rank.

Karate
  • Brownies: Doppleganger, Eraserhead, kid I will call Freckles 'til a better name surfaces, Owl, Lazy girl, Wheezy kid. Number of blackbelt tests in 2007: 3. Number in 2008: 4.
  • Purple People Eaters: Verizon Guy, me, four interchangable brats.

  • Greenies: More interchangable brats that include Frankenstein, a pair of fuzzy head twins,and two blonde brats.

  • Oranges: Punky and her friend, some other brat.

  • Yellow: some adults, one kid.

  • White: three kids of same family, that kid who likes the Wavemaster.

tally: (excluding bratty black belts and other senseis) roughly 30.

Iai

  • Ikkyu- Little senseis.
  • Ni-kyu- Prince Valiant (by act of God only)
  • San-kyu- the two adults...let's give them names now...Sneezy and Doc.
  • Yon-kyu- Goth Kid, Professional Mom and her son.
tally: (excluding myself and senseis) 8

Aiki

WHO FREAKIN' KNOWS???? I used to be yellow (hachi-kyu) patch but the patches ended up being an abysmal failure and so did the 10-rank system. So we went back to 5 but the stuff is all different and we have yet to be re-evaluated. I do NOT want to have to pay for this. According to the book, new stuff begins at ni-kyu, which is where Verizon Guy and I should be. But to my understanding, they want us to test at san-kyu which are the exact same requirements as for our yellow patch! What the Hell?

No comments: