Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chickenchaku! or Numclucks!

This week was much improved over the past few sessions of class. Two aiki classes were great. We actually broke a sweat, and B.M/D and I agreed that it was similar to the way classes used to be. Damn, do I miss those days. They are actually starting to prime me up for sho-dan (finally!) and I am rather excited. I started this class about six years ago and I actually think I'm prepared to test. I've really missed enjoying aiki class.

Karate was okay today, too. Head Sensei went over my katas, told me I would be fine for the test, and we talked a bit about stuff. I missed that too. During my 100 time during the bo kata, I was witness to the horror that was Snotball and Snotshadow during knife defense. Any waza that ends with "Die, pig, die!" is rather subject to a head examination, in my opinion- not to mention that Snotball was holding the knife with her hand completely wrapped around the knife edge. *SIGH!*

Head sensei and I spent some time in iai class doing bo-bo kumite (I know, not iai, but I will take the help when I can get it). He told be I spar like a sword student (ha ha) and showed me some more tricks I can use. I spent the rest of the day studying Katori kata- Sa-ken, Nuki-uchi-no-ken, etc. I missed those kata so much! I have far too much to study. I blame Head Sensei.

No comments: