Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's white, wears black and glasses, and looks like a chihuahua in a blender?

Give up? It's Wheezy Kid during jumping jacks! Who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to give a black belt to a kid who is not even coordinated enough to do a fucking jumping jack!?! I digress.

These past couple weeks have been taken up with finals at school, healing my foot, and trying to study for karate. To be honest, the closer I am to my test, the less interested I am getting for it. Perhaps it's stress or desensitation, or the fact that Thing 1 is reviewing aiki for my test that I taught him?!? Could be that. Or it could be I'm simply too tired to care.

Batta and I have ensnared a new mat (mat? No, I mean "uke") to come to class with us. For lack of any inspiration for what to call him, I shall call him Spam. We are teaching Spam the art of kumitachi, to which Batta is beginning to learn how to teach (small doses, Batta). It is fun- far more fun than being critiqued by little brats...or do I dare say, throwing them?....no, I take that back. It's more fun throwing kids. >:)

In other news, Sarge gave us a beautiful new table. It is already filled with Batta's notes and junk food. Long live finals regimine. Long live punting Wheezy Kid.

No comments: