Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy 100th post!

Yay! I did it! I've actually kept up a blog!

I've been taking time to re-evaluate what black belt means for me. To be so close to my test date is unnerving. I feel (as dumb as this sounds, that an end is coming. I'm almost grieving in a sense. I don't really know why- I have been a "sensei" since 2006, and I have always been conscious of the fact the color of belt is no indication of the amount of respect you deserve. But, in any case, I do feel an odd sense of "finally...I am here."


I have lots of plans for after my test. I want to concentrate on helping Batta get up to as high as he wants to get, and helping his friend (whom is starting on Saturday- I'll think of a name) in sword. I also want to try to encourage the adults on our class to stay....even Goth Kid *argh*. I'm not sure much will change after I get black belt. I imagine it won't, but it's nice to have a pat on the back once in a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am on your internets! Lurking at ur bl0g!!!1

Way to stick it out, good luck on Black-belt! I shall be rooting for you....

*returns to the shadows*