Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I miss class


I missed three classes with my injury. It felt like a year had gone by. In the time I was gone, one greenie got his stripe and head sensei had been asked to do a demo at a school, something that we haven't done in years. So he and Verizon guy left as I came in, we chatted a bit, and that was that. I spent the class working 10 bo wazas with Tank, who had just gotten his stripe on his green belt too. Like everything in the adult ranks, he learned it in about a minute because head sensei forgot to teach him. So, we spent time going over the first 4 wazas. It was PAINFUL! I discovered I couldn't do any stance comfortably, but it felt good to move around. The Benevolent Matriarch/Dictator shared her discomfort with her new judo top, which is not female-shape friendly in any way. I remember when Verizon guy got his, thinking the stitching made it look like a bounty paper towel. Now I have it and, although it is sturdy, it drives me nuts. She and aiki sensei were also talking about how bad the kids have gotten over the past year. Thank god it's not just me!


So I have a hip sprain. I can't do aiki or kicks for at least 3 weeks. Although it's not so bad, it sucks. I'll see what I can do for sword when I go on Sunday.

No comments: