Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hurt pride, hurt pocketbook, hurt hip

I have had a rough couple of weeks. I am completely out of money, which means I no longer can go to classes until I land a job. Not that I could, anyway- I hurt my hip. I was doing nijushiho and I turned really hard out of a stance while leaving my feet planted, and I hear a pop. My hip went out of joint. I tried to limp through sword class afterward but to no avail. Now, I am biding my time until I can get into the chiropractor. This absence and lack of cash has left me depressed. I hardly have ambition to keep going now. Luckily, I have midterms this week- studying keeps me busy.

This weekend, Prince Valiant is testing for blackbelt. I find it funny that he is apparently so confident that he's only shown up to every other class for the past month. I'm sure he'll pass- if brown belt boy passed his test taking 30 minutes on his oral vocab section and hurting three ukes (one so bad, he was crying), then I'm sure he'll pass too. He's another I don't see continuing much longer after blackbelt.

I miss a lot of people. I haven't seen the T's or Peanut for almost two months. They probably all quit- got busy, lost interest, you name it. I miss Applebee's kid, the guy who looks like Matt Hardy (yes, I used a wrestling reference-so sue me. He was a dead ringer), and (I dare say) Nerdverd. None of these people I know well, but I miss them. If this time away teaches me anything, I guess it's that I need a life outside all of this.

I'm thinking about writing a letter to these people and to my teachers. I know I could never repay them (especially monetarily) for what they've given me. If I didn't get into martial arts, I'd probably be more depressed than I am now. What was that saying my Japanese teacher told me? "Even if the world should end tomorrow, I plant apple trees today."

No comments: