Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bork! Life as a shodan



I survived my first week as shodan, and thankfully, so did my teacher. After the heartattack that I'm sure he was having the week before, things have calmed down...kinda. It turns out Uke killer is moving to Ohio in November. It took me all week to get this story straight, for my informants were greenies. I heard he was going to every state from Iowa to Idaho to Indiana (I dunno how they got that last one). But I thought it was funny when brown belt girl (now with a stripe) said she was going to have a party afterwards to celebrate! Thank god, I am not paranoid in thinking this kid was dangerous.
I have rededicated myself to karate- I've gotta stave off those greenies. Green belt is like purgatory. You NEVER leave! Verizon guy used to joke about being a green belt forever, now I understand why. It's a good possibility though, that one or more greenies will pass me, thanks to the junior level ranking system *grumble*.
I learned a new kata yesterday too, despite my sore wrist. I can almost cut straight again, a tell-tale sign it's getting better. Now I know a new kata, I really wanna get out with my sword, but I'm trying to let my wrist heal.
Speaking of wrist, I accidently hit my aiki sensei with my brace. Oops. Bork!

No comments: