Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Stop being such a douche-bag, Nerdverd


Ah, what a week. I spent the past week sweating word of my interview, of which I found out today I did not get the job. And, I couldn't go to Aiki, but I more than made up for it this past Saturday when we did a double block of Aiki class. Head sensei's trying to get some new blood into the class, and although it's fun to get new people, they hurt. We got this little kid, his dad, and one of the other kids' dad to join us. Both dads are built like trees. Getting seoinage done to you by them is like getting run over by a Mach truck. I'm still sore from it. I had fun, though I am sore, and I probably knocked over the little kid more times than anybody in his whole karate career. Then, we got to cut. We used some goza that had been soaking in stale water for three months and smelt like poo. It's hard to cut goza and hold your breath. And, to make it worse, the goza had sucked up all the water and were hard as rock. I kept missing my left-to-right horizontal cut. I kept knocking it off the the stand. Bah. So today, I had sword class...fun fun fun. I don't wanna do waza #1 or kumitachi #1 ANY MORE! Three straight months of just that is too much for me. I guess it's the ADD in me. I finally got to work kumitachi #2 with head sensei. I haven't done that in quite a long time. I'd like to know #3, but on the basis of height I keep getting placed with Nerverd, who I am convinced is either a moron or doesn't practice. Probably both.

No comments: