Thursday, November 03, 2005

Oi-vay on the oldshay.

Ow. I hurt. I hate tai otoshi, a painful throw to fall from and do for me, for some reason. It's been a year since I started Aiki, and some days I feel invincible and others I feel like a moron. I enjoy the small class size, which will probably remain so due to humorous attempts to recruit parents of kids. That's an interesting development- there's a crapload of new white belts in karate class, young (of course) and old. I am still the oldest female kyuu rank, but hell, I'll beat up a middle-aged guy over a kid any day. I love the perspective of these parents. They remind me that the stuff we do in class is sometimes in fact insane, and it's not just me. Ah well. Today was a good Aiki class. I got my neck stretched by the head sensei. I guess I'm a fun uke. Because I'm more flexible than the average person, I tend to not feel a lot of the moves that are put on me unless they're done just right. And then,just like today, head sensei does it right and it hurts like hell. I'm now two inches taller.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouchies, I know that feeling... you lay down that night and your back feels like its floating somehow... and you get all those little crackly noises...