Friday, November 25, 2005

Pain's part of the game

Well, this week was a lot of learning. I got to learn a new kumitachi in sword class on monday, and this one is by far my favorite one. It's a little more movement than the other two, and is faster. I noticed that the class has gotten better, and my new rank seems to have no real change. The two teens in our class who have been here about 3yrs+ must be getting there soon, I think, to black belt, which would be great for the school since we haven't had a new sword sensei in a while. But they're both young, and have other commitments, otherwise, I think they'd be further ahead. Same with the other teen, who will no doubt have to leave for college next fall anyway. In Aiki on wednesday we dealt with a lot of techniques for breaking out of headlocks and full nelsons. I can tell that they are sprucing us (that is, the other white belt and I) for blue belt. They made us run through the basics at rapidfire speed, both sides: ippon seionage, morote seionage, o-goshi, o-soto gari, o-uchi gari, and tai otoshi. I think I'm doing okay, despite some confusion with the left side of o-uchi. One of the sensei even said my fit-ins were really good. The sensei are throwing us a lot more, which they never used to do, so that's great, despite the fact I'm black and blue. I got flattened, hit in the face (both sides), squished, and got a really puffy-looking finger. One of these days, I'm going to do a photo essay of all my bruises. So now, I am wondering if I should go to the school Xmas party...

No comments: