Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Never enough kata. Never enough cookies.

The past month of so has been a mess. With everyone about ready to rank and trying to prepare for tournament, Head Sensei is pulled in 400 directions. Everyone is training like they suddenly got a cattle prod up their butts. Normally about this time, I put up rankings of everyone so I can see what's progressed. What I have noticed is that people are dumping aiki and iai as if they don't need to actually practice these things. Head Sensei found this out recently, when he started testing people again. He was like "WTF" at the apathy.  Roo.

Karate
Snotshadow- brown, two stripes
Snotball- brown, one stripe
(what did I name this girl? Since I'm out of Dwarves, how about Apathy Bear...)- brown
Batta, boring kid, Goth Kid- purple
Pitbulls, Big T, Lil' Stein, some girl- green
Tiny T and Girl T- orange
A guy I'm gonna name Rubber Bear, two yellow belt kids... dunno them-yellow
One white belt guy.

Iai
Batta- ni-kyu
Pitbull 1 and 2, Brainy Smurf (I'm gonna re-name Freckle Bear)- yon-kyu
a guy I'll call Dr. Whiteshirt and Rubber Bear

Aiki
Goth Kid- ikkyu
Things, Batta, um....Bald Short Bear, Snotshadow- sankyu
Pitbull 1 and 2- yonkyu
Rubber Bear, guy I'll find out a name for later (if he stays)- mu

There's some new peoples I haven't pegged yet (some I hope will quit), and some that haven't been to class in forever. I'll have to see what is up with half of our class, as January tends to thin out some souls. Wheezy Kid has not been in (which is just fine with me), and neither has Sarge or her kid. Goth Kid has been very sporadic, and Head Sensei has made it clear he wants him to be passed in rank. But nobody's close. Which essentially means I have to continue with the highest rank kyu duties until somebody gets their ass on straight.  Iai is a mess. Head Sensei has finally figured out that when he goes on "holiday" so does everyone else. I have kumitachi 10 good, and I only have 5 more. I'd like to get all of them before the end of summer, since I don't know where I will be by then. I found out something scary- Head Sensei wants to prep me for san-dan. Urgh.

No comments: