Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January Slumps...and bumps

Training has been very...um, strange? I have kept busy with kata and teaching. The attendance is starting to thin out again, which is good. Head sensei went on a refurbishing spree. He built up the male changing room, painted the dojo two different colors, and is making plans to build a studio space in the basement- all while class was in session. And he wonders how he ended up with stones?

I've been trying to nudge people back into being excited abou aiki and iai class. The aiki class suddenly has made the realization that two times a week is not enough for the class, and requested a third class, which Head sensei agreed upon. He also wants to have a weapons class. Wee. Other than that, people are starting to gear up for the tourney.

This is normally the time I make resolutions. I restarted P90X, and am already falling off the horse. I think I should stick to yoga and running.  I do need a job though. That's a good resolution.

No comments: