Monday, May 18, 2009

Feeling rather Roo lately...

This week has been quite interesting. I haven't slept very well, and Batta and I thought a vacation was in order, which it was. We went to NYC and I got some gifts in preparation for my aiki test, whenever that is. Today's class should be interesting.

Last week I gave the little ones a study guide to help them with their Japanese. It has occurred to me that the less time spent dicking around on easy stuff in class, the more time could be spent on Me...or Batta...or something useful. I've been spending a lot of time teaching, a very irksome thing when all the other black belts get to fart around all class working stuff they should be studying at home. What"s the use of barking at the kyu ranks to study when the black belts don't?

Head Sensei gave Bailout and I a written test for ni-dan, which for me is a joke because it's all "what's the history of our style?", which I know already. I know my katas' history, who created it, what the name means, how to write it in Japanese (and in some cases, Chinese) and Bailout knows...nothing. Because it hasn't occurred to her that she might wanna know these things being a teacher.

Testing this summer may prove to be a complicated affair. The things are testing for adult shodan and Wheezy Kid for junior ni-dan. I hope to God Head Honcho sensei doesn't do them all the same weekend. That would SUCK!

No comments: