Saturday, May 09, 2009

Can't Sleep, Juniors will Kill Me...


I have insomnia...again. I must get to class tomorrow morning! I cannot skip. Something of interest might actually happen!

I went with Batta to class on Tuesday, and as Head Sensei was late opening the door, we congregated outside. Stupid Foobar still has his mommy tie his belt before class. I can't remember how many times we told kids "DON'T wear your belts until you are in the dojo!", but do they listen? No. But anyway, Semi's friend (his whole family is in karate now- I am starting to think it's a cult) and Big T were talking about how they wished there was another aiki class, to which both Batta and I threw in our stipulation- one without kids.

The Tuesday crew is quite nice without Bailout there, which was one of the reasons that I avoided that class to begin with. It's mostly a family day- people who only come on Saturdays as well. Nice kids, no ego problems- except for a certain Italian kid I will Pesto, because if he's not careful, that's exactly what will be left of him. He's such a brat. I worked on my bo kata which I started before my love affair with Oar, and now I am forced to cheat on Oar for Bo if I ever wanna see my next rank. Truth be told, I could hardly care less.

Head Sensei is gearing up for a massive grading, both kyus and dans, and I can't say all of them are deserved. Wheezy kid is still an idiot who looks up his nose in the mirror every chance he gets, and Bailout due to leaving in a couple months has no use for ni-dan rank, especially since she didn't earn the last one. And then there's Thing 1 and 2. Thing 1 is almost 16 and therefore old enough to jump to adult rank. But Thing 2? He's still a half foot shorter, and 18 months younger. Would it kill him to wait? And don't even get me started on Foobar. That kid....ergh.

On Wednesday I scolded the kids out for being lazy bitches. Drinks, bathroom breaks in the span of an hour class (45 minutes, not counting warmups), dogging it when going be into line- my God, this isn't cheer leading! And just for the record, cheerleaders probably do better pushups. I showed them how they need to be throwing punches. I threw one stopping just short of Wheezy kid's face. Brown trousers on that kid.

If a child is to wear a black belt, and if Head Sensei is going to keep insisting to parents that there is not much difference between adult and child, then they need to get their asses in gear if they ever want any respect at all. Just my little rant for the day :)

1 comment:

Mike said...

lol. I chuckle.