Friday, September 28, 2007

Same old training




Things have been hectic with school. Martial arts hasn't been too much on my mind, except all the classes that I am missing. Last weekend, I got to go home and go to class on a saturday and a monday. I had an eye doctor appointment on moday just before iai so I figured I would just go. It was nice to go during the week again.

The little senseis' mom has been saying she was making her own hakama and gi. Oh boy. Her uniform is bright blue....bright freaking blue. And the pleats are flared out so far on the hakama it looks like a ball gown. Anyways, I've been working kumitachi 6 and 7 a lot, trying to prepare myself for ni-dan, whenever that is. Head sensei says that I am doing really good.

I am a little concerned with midterms coming up, trying to keep the balance. Tensho is going slow, and I've worked my sai kata a few times. It remains to be seen how long I have until I need to worry about black belt. Tank's kid and Lurch are now brown belts too. I don't look forward to having to call them 'sensei'. I worked hard to stay were I am, and paid for everything. At the least, I want to test before them.

No comments: