Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bork...practicing alone....

School has been fun, but detrimental to my martial arts. It is hard to find the time- nay, the room- to practice. Nevertheless, I make it a point to practice one martial art a day if I can. Karate one day, iai the next. As for aiki, I can't very well throw myself...or can I?

I went home for Saturday class, and Dopplegagger and I did our Tensho and sai katas and that was about it. Just as well. I was surprised to see none of the little purple people-eater brats were brown belts yet. That's good...I guess. The adults are finally starting to come together. Cigarette Man is a yellow belt, and this other mom (do I have a nickname for her? Let's call her Sarge) is orange. That's nice to see, though I wish Tank would get closer to me in rank so I'd have someone to work with.

Iai hasn't changed much- except sword sensei is trying another warm-up to drive us crazy. This periodical practicing is going to drive me crazy. November 14th is registration day- I may be able to go to aiki class, and a week after that I get thanksgiving recess. Until December 14th, no more 3x a week. Bork.

No comments: