Saturday, January 20, 2007

New Year's Re-delusions

Okay, so all things considered, it's gonna be a hard year (that's if all goes to plan). I desperately need a job. Not too much going on...I'm going to the head dojo for a meeting. That should be interesting. Goth kid started aiki this week. He has a bad habit of leaning forward. I can see it now- a black pancake on the mat. Haven't see Pot Smoking Guy or Nerdverd recently, or Cig Man, or the T's for that matter. This must be the famous January attendance slump. Unfortunately, there are so many little karate kids, it's hard to notice. Still, far too many greenies.

New Year's Resolutions
  • I will try to be nicer to the greenies *grumble*.
  • I will work on my sparring more.
  • I will try not to let it bother me when a kid gets snotty (even if he does outrank me), or when Nerdverd asks for help on something he should already know, or when somebody destroys a Japanese word's pronunciation.
  • I will try to maintain a reasonable body- that is, I will not allow my waist to turn into a marshmallow....mmm, marshmallows.
  • I will look more rested (even if I'm not) for class.
  • I will try to make a new friend.

Well, that's about it.

No comments: