Monday, November 20, 2006

Ahhh! They're multiplying!

There are now two more kids in iai- a goth kid, and another cigarette smoker. I came to class early- senseis hadn't arrived so we were locked out. There was this guy buzzing around, and in the ten minutes it took to open the place, the guy sucked down three cigarettes. I figured he can't be doing karate. Anyways, he and goth kid bonded. We were sparring with our goshinken sticks, and I overhear- "Yeah, a naginata, that's like a Sepheroth sword." I dunno which one said it, but when I find out I'm gonna punch him. It's hard enough to be a young kid in iai. Why don't you write in big red bold letters- I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I SEE ON TV AND THE INTERNET - to your forehead while you're at it? And then they got talking about how they too have "sparred" with bokkens and stuff with their equally stupid stick buddies, and then the cigarette guy asks what a shinai is supposed to be used for. You have no problem beating your friends with it, but you don't know what it's used for? Arghhh! No more Nerdverds, please!

No comments: