Friday, October 06, 2006

Bo knows pain.

As life as a greenie continues, I am once again reminded that my life is very short- perhaps, it has only gotten shorter as I plug away at that stripe requirement. I have now learned all the ten bo wazas, and have been practicing very hard with them. I found one of my dad's old walking sticks, but it pales in comparison to the one in the dojo. I need my own. Thanks to the low ceilings, I have hit the celing, overhang, and the balance bar they use for pilates at least a dozen times each. It is only a matter of time before I smack myself in the face, or knock out one of the stupid little kids who don't look before they run across the floor to get a drink. I tell myself, Darwin was so right. To wipe out a couple kids would not only be an accident, but probably a good way to thin out the stupider lower belts. "No, I swear- it was an accident. Look at it this way, sensei. He won't be running across the floor again."
I hope we'll be getting a new place soon. It's been talked about, but I don't know how seriously. I hate the place we're in. I'm sure whoever gets it after us will appreciate the redecorating of the ceiling I leave for them.

No comments: