Saturday, May 27, 2006

A happy little swordperson :)


I got ikkyu today. I'm very happy. The day didn't start out so well. I came into class with about 3 hours of sleep. Big T was running the vaccum cleaner, raising the temperature about 10 degrees in an already tiny space with no windows. We spent the whole class beating each other senseless. Head sensei showed us a nifty move where the uke punches, and the torii spins under the punch and backs up with an elbow into the uke's floating ribs.Ouch. Head sensei did it to Big T and sidelined him for about 5 minutes. So after that class, the little tikes came rolling in and raised the temperature some more. I was sweating like crazy. I finally got some badly needed instruction with my green belt requirements. *sigh* Lots of work on that is needed, that's for sure. So then that class was done, and we had sword kids come in.We had more people show up today than the past 3 months. I was sweating like mad. Head sensei called me over at the beginning of class and told me to get my book (and the grinning begins :) ). So I showed my ikkyu stuff, and though I really didn't do as well as I would have liked, I still did okay. I got taught a new kata which I really like. Head sensei said it was his favorite kata. :)So anyways I got ikkyu. I I attribute my flying up the ranks to all the (practically) individual attention I've been getting. It's helped to piggy-back with senseis when they got bored and need someone to "play" with. I now have four certificates of rank for iai, some I bought a poster frame and framed them. They look nice. *Happy Josie Dance*

No comments: