Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Sometimes life sucks.

I am hurt again. I ended up twisting my neck in a real odd way two weeks ago and gave myself "spasmic torticullis", which sounds much cooler than "muscle spasm". I also had my bad rib out again, and as a result haven't been doing much of anything. I am very wonky to say the least.

Prior to that I had been doing really good at P90X. In 3 weeks I had worked up to doing 5 pull-ups and was just starting to get some definition when the thing with my neck happened. I was in a half-sleep two weeks ago and turned my neck too quickly. Pop. Followed by not being able to get out of bed for nearly 4 hours after that. So as a result, I cannot do much of anything exercise-wise until my neck heals. So, there pretty much goes my only source of serotonin, which is excellent timing- right around finals. Did I also mention I quit soda?

I completely understand now why a lot of people can't stick to an exercise or diet plan, when there is so much stress. I would just like to be able to do yoga again. I am very, very frustrated. I just have to wait it out.

No comments: