Sunday, April 20, 2008

Head Sensei, meet Batta's parents....

So far, things have been pretty uneventful- that is to say, uneventful despite my growing anger at the situation of school. But I digress- I refuse to harbor negativity here that I haven't already spit out to Batta a hundred times before.

The whole school is being redone. New floor has been put in. It's those wood panellings that snap together like tinker toys. Looks beautiful, but it's a death trap. Sword kata on your knees kills, and kids are already falling over like dominos during sparring. A moment of silence though, for my dear old arch nemesis, the giant crater in the middle of the ceramic floor. May you never turn my ankle again *TAPS*. By Wednesday, there will be floor cushions in place of the other half of the floor. No more putting down those shitty mats. Ah, and I remember when we first bought those yellow vinyl crapscicles.

Owl has resurfaced at our school- why, I don't know. My guess is, he doesn't want to be a white belt at another school again. He's having too much fun being the big (stinky) cheese. He made an off-hand comment about how he can give us (Batta and I) pushups. I said, "No, you can't." and gave him the death stare. I have learned this ancient technique from Head Sensei and the Benevolent Matriarch/Dictator. It keeps the kids in line without so much as a word, yet makes them pee their pants. Stupid Owl. Oh, and Owl's little brother whom I will call Little Hoot is a purple belt who can't tie his belt on still. *Bangs head on wall*

So this weekend was the end of finals at chiro. school, and Batta's parents came up to help him move into his new house before he goes home for the break. We thought it'd be funny to drag them to class and watch as I threw Batta from one end of the dojo to the other. We were worried Mother Batta would be bored, but she enjoyed it. She even giggled out loud when Head Sensei hit him with a goshinken stick. Thanks to them showing up, it was probably one of the best classes I've had in a while.

No comments: