Friday, December 22, 2006

Tabi holidays


Ho ho ho! It's that time of year again where we put those expensive things we need for martial arts class on our Christmas lists. This year I got my classes for the month of December paid for. I also got some nice black tabi from head sensei. When he gave it to me, I was quite surprised, especially since I bought him white tabi. Tabi socks are a running joke at our dojo. I always wear them because I think they are comfy- I do have a large space between my big toes and the rest of my toes. I first got them in Japan some-odd years ago, and I typically wear them to Saturday class because that's when I run out of clean regular socks. Head sensei has been wanting a pair of white ones, unable to find them in his size. I finally found someone who carries them. Sadly, they won't be here in time from Christmas. *grumble*


Not much has happened recently. I sparred with aiki sensei and Tank the other day, and while I am very happy to do so after such a long time, I am really, really sore. I felt so little and inadequete sometimes.

No comments: