Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bored and hungry :(

Not much going on. It's been pouring on and off, and it's still hot. I have a nasty sinus infection that has lasted for two weeks. I'm also hungry and I want food. Dumplings, sushi, stir-fry, rice balls- if only I could cook! I'm stranded in my house with no food, and I can't get to class tonight because the roads are flooded. well, good time to reflect. Nerverd has mentioned bringing a few friends to class- a girl (which he met on the internet- insert your own joke here) who he says does chONaBARah *roll eyes*, and a friend and his dad who came to class monday. They used to do muso jikiden eishen ryu- the son did it for 4 years and the dad for 7. This is where my concern arises. They had been in the ryu long enough, surely, to learn how to cut properly- all style cut different, true, but these guys couldn't cut cheese. Their arms are bent, and their cuts are so off-level it looks like the wind is blowing their bokkens. I can tell from watching the dad that they did a lot of stuff from seiza, and not much standing work. And then, there's the matter of their swords. The dad's sword has purple wrap on it (bleh!) and has a 30" cutting edge. What the hell does he need 30" for? Those extra thick pumpkins, I guess. And the son has a sword that is sharpened only at the last 1/3rd of the edge. Hmmm. I guess I have to watch them a bit more. I fear that Nerdverd has been teaching them, making matters even worse. *sigh*

No comments: