Sunday, September 18, 2005

Snark-infested waters


Like sands through the hourglass...these are the tales of our snarking. In case you don't know, "to snark" means to go or to watch things you know you'll hate for the primary purpose of making fun of them. My day was filled with snarking. I was dragged to a bridal shower, and forced to watch the Emmys- thanks Jennifer :( .

So I've been pretty sick recently- I've had a sinus infection that just won't go away. And frankly, when you are dragged to a shower filled with a half a dozen screaming kids while you have a headache AND you have to watch your Mom spike the virgin punch bowl insisting that half a box (yes, I said box) of wine is not really alcohol, it's time for snarking. So Josie puts on her snark alarm and lines up all of the swan dinner-mint-filled party favors in an all-out assault for possession of my Jenny's cake. Mm, cake. We also battled the swans in a fight to the death wrestling match (complete with commentary, of course). That killed about two seconds.

And now for the past three hours I've been snarking the Emmys. I'm sorry, but any awards show that awards itself is a piece of shit. *snark alarm* Ahhhh, fuck! The Black Eyed Peas! they're everywhere!!! And those Desperate Housewife whores can kiss my ass. Oh yeah, and let's give "Everybody love Raymond" yet another award. All this award show makes me wanna do is stick a fork in my eye and never watch TV again. But there's good stuff- Jon Steward won an Emmy and delivered a heavily (and creatively) censored monolongue, and the Shat (William Shatner" sang. Yes, he sang.

No comments: