Sunday, October 15, 2006

Trapped in the Closet- the aiki version

I got my stripe on monday! The good news is, thanks to being in aiki, I have most of the requirements for purple belt already. I also purchased a sparring gear set, and learned two sword katas. All was going well this week. That was, until I went to the hombu with aiki sensei this week. We decided to go up there and get more help with the new techniques in the "red belt" section of our book. We arrived late, missing the announcement not to shut the closet door on the ladies changing room. I shut the door, changed, and realized I locked myself in. There was people pulling on the knob from the outside, and me tugging on the inside. All I could think of was, "I'm trapped in the closet". I thought if need be, I could kick the door down. Finally, someone picked the lock, and I mortifyingly started class with everyone else. I had a good time though. We worked on mostly kneeling techniques. My partner was very helpful, and freaked out at how flexible I was. I forgot his name, though- I'll call him Buzzcut guy. While I was there, I finally bought a new white gi top. No more holes

No comments: